Saturday, May 25, 2013

I Drink Coffee With PCOS

Good Morning Cysters

It's another dreary and rainy day here in NYC. 8am and I'm still in bed, in my pj's. I love the way the rain sounds on the roof, and how the house is quiet and cozy as everyone is asleep except me.
Time for my coffee. COFFEE?! Did she just say coffee? Yes., yes I did. This is one luxury I still allow myself. It is just that, a luxury. Instead of 4cups of jet fuel a day, I limit my intake to 1 to 2 small cups in the morning, and I've also modified it. ( no more pesticides for me ). . . I now use organic coffee, with coconut creamer and cinnamon. I also add just a touch of Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil to it as well. Eww coconut oil in my coffee !! ( I know right ) It actually does not give a greasy texture, but rather a silky smooth one. However, the raw coconut oil plays a much more important roll. Studies have shown that raw coconut oil helps stabilize your blood sugar, now, not only does that help prevent my cup of caffeine from spiking my insulin, but so does the cinnamon. This is why I do not feel guilty about my little morning indulgence. I believe we Cysters can find a solution for just about anything, you know why? Because we are persistent. We deserve to enjoy the every day flavors of food that nourishes and heals our bodies. Who says it has to be boring?

In all my glory enjoying this coffee ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment